Story Lab: Advice to Writers

 Week 12

(Source: Unsplash)

I really enjoy doing these "story lab" assignments and I have to say I really needed to read the "Advice to Writers" blog this week. I've been so overwhelmed with the amount of writing assignments I've had lately so my motivation to write has been down. I feel like I'm running out of ideas for stories and my brain just feels so dead. There was one post on this blog that I immediately saw and related to. It was the perfect timing to see it and realize I shouldn't be overwhelmed by it all. This one was "The Useless Days Will Add Up To Something." I actually am a waitress and it even talked about how "the shitty waitressing jobs" even add up to something. I needed to think of the bigger picture of it all and see how it all amounts to me becoming a better writer. I know this funk has had an effect on being able to create stories that I like actually want to write about. The blog post "Story is Emotion Based" I often overthink my stories to make sure they are perfect. Every time that happen i often leave out the emotional ties to it. I think writing stories also has the same effect on my mood. I know if I'm in a good mood I'm compelled to write stories with better endings. I think all of it ties into story development and creating new ideas for these stories. With that being said, since I'm a college student I also have to force myself to sit down and write what I need to. I liked the blog post "The Process Begins By Sitting Down" because sometimes that's all you need. Is to take the time and force myself to write it. Just like the blog post says, I also usually just say I'm too busy or my day is too hectic, but to take the time to sit and just write is how a lot of this work just needs to get done. 

It was nice going through these posts and being able to debrief my thoughts and do an assignment that is really calming. I needed to take a deep breath and just realize this is all just a process. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to my current life

Week 11 Story: The Giving Trees