Week 2 Reading Overview


Week 2

Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Cupid and Psyche

Week 4: Bible Women

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Santal

Week 6: Twenty-Two Goblins 

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: Japanese Mythology

Week 9: South Africa

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: Cherokee

Week 11: Marriage Tales 

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: Beowulf

Week 13: More English Tales 

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Italian

Week 15: Celtic Tales


I'm veery excited for these readings. I've been really into Viking stories so I think it would be cool to see more of those and things to do with the Viking Gods and the idea of Valhalla specifically. I'm very excited for the Celtic units because of this but also the European units for telling different versions (the Italian versions) of princess stories. I also find a lot of animal involved stories to be interesting because I mean how could you not? hah! I can't wait to read more about these :)


Here is a picture based off of Norse mythology from their beliefs of Valhalla and what it means to them. I found this interesting because it's meant to be the hall of the Gods for these warriors. The picture is a beautiful way to depict that! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to my current life

Week 11 Story: The Giving Trees