Topic Research: Cassiopeia and Constellations

Week 3 

The topic I really explored was digging deeper into constellations and stars and ones that include Greek Gods/Goddesses or queens and kings. Digging into stories I really enjoyed the ones associated with Cassiopeia due to her being known as vain so that's probably my number one most interesting story I want to research further. Her ultimate punishment in some stories was her becoming a warning for others who express this to Greek Gods. Here are some resources and stories into the stories about Cassiopeia. I also explored some others that would be interesting twists to take that had some similarities or involved women and their constellations. 

A good mix of constellations and Greek mythology would be Cassiopeia; it explains how Cassiopeia is perceived in comparison to other countries and why her constellation in the sky is important. It's placed next to Cepheus and the story from Storyland of Stars by Mara L. Pratt (pg. 83-84) explains why they're in the sky and next to each other. This was a good story because I liked how she was vain and was banished to the sky for it. I think a story on that would be interesting. Looking into how it ties with Poseidon was also very interesting because even as a queen she managed to make the Gods upset and why her positioning in the sky is so important. 

(Source: Cassiopeia)

Additional: When it comes to Greek Goddesses in Greek Mythology I really liked the stories that involved Aphrodite. She also had a similar look on being the most beautiful by a Trojan Prince. I think it's interesting that she was able to declare that and not be banished or known as being vain unlike Cassiopeia. I also liked reading about the connections her and Eros had with Pisces saving them from Typhon which is a story that would be interesting to research for my storybook. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to my current life

Week 11 Story: The Giving Trees