Topic Brainstorm

 Week 2 

First Topic: 

I really enjoyed looking into the storybooks about constellations and the stars. One that really stood out to me was "Women in Constellation" because of it's way to connect the stars to earth. I really liked that it focused on Women when a lot of stories are man based. It also did a great way of encompassing all parts of the stories from a personal view or perspective that made you connect with the main character. I think it makes the story more interesting when it's not common for these kinds of stories to have that kind of perspective. The author was also able to tell these women's stories and make them seem likable in some aspects, like they aren't very different from what women might experience now. I don't know much about the background of constellations and this author seemed to. I'd love to learn more about that and really gives these constellations personalities. I think if I picked this topic I'd really focus on how to give each constellation a story and maybe even create a friendship family aspect between all of them using the associated traits that each zodiac has. I think Star Myths is a great website for me to explore these stories. 

Second Topic: 

I love a good love story! One storybook that stood out to me a lot based on the style of writing was The Love Story of Ruth and Boaz. I found it very interesting that it was told through the aspect of letters to God. It started out with hardships but then fell into the love story. You could definitely tell how passionate the author was to tell this story from the perspective of their love for God. It encompasses how these two love birds actually felt about each other with still telling a similar story. I find the style of this writing through love letters to be amazing and would love to see similar stories like this. If I decided on this topic I think I would love to tell these separate stories the same way to really show the cross paths of all those involved. I think stories can be surface level and this really showed a lot of emotion. 

Third Topic: 

I always love reading about Greek Goddesses so when I read "The Real Goddesses of Ancient Greece" I thought it was hilarious. I loved the modern twist of "The Real Housewives..." that really explained the Goddesses of Greece so well. I think people read these stories in a serious manner so to have fun with a topic like this is so awesome! I can tell the author spent time giving these goddesses personalities that match women today. It made it so much more interesting to read and made it honestly funny. You can tell they were educated in the topic and were able to make some goddess feuds come to life. I think I would love to know more about Greek Goddesses and if they actually had feuds and also learn to turn these stories into something funny! If I picked this topic I think I would definitely tell a mans version of this (like maybe a "Bachelor" version of this using a guide to the Goddesses and their love life!

Fourth Topic: 

Another style of writing and storybook I found interesting are definitely the ones like "Untold Stories from the Fairytale Police Department" where it's a huge twist on these well known princess stories. I find it interesting the author was able to name these sub story things like "Cindy goes to Juvie" making it hilarious! People often see these fairytales as picture perfect but having that dangerous COPS version of it makes it 10 times better. I also like how it's set up as "Untold Stories" as if they are gossipy or drama related. People love Drama! I think it's so creative and also has small lessons that some can learn. It also shows a different fate for these princesses. I think I would love to find ways to tell stories from this perspective where it takes people from a good image and teaches a lesson through it. You don't want to end up like Cindy! If I picked this topic I think I would stray away from Princesses and maybe use Gods and Goddesses in Greek History or even just the idea of Untold stories by Vikings using Viking stories. I loved the twists! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to my current life

Week 11 Story: The Giving Trees