Storybook Plan

 Week 4 

Diving deeper into the family drama with Cassiopeia and Cepheus, I also enjoyed looking into a couple stories about Andromeda  and her relationship with Perseus after she was punished by Poseidon sending Cetus after her. I enjoyed looking into how she was saved and how it became a love story in a way, like a very dramatic love story with family drama literally everywhere. Perseus comes in after slaying medusa and saves Andromeda's life and marries her causing conflicts with her uncle who was promised her. This goes into the story of Perseus turning them into stone. I find the connection to her constellation to be interesting as well because she's chained up as if her and her mother were sentenced to the stars in unfair ways. This would be a good additional story to add on really developing who andromeda is and who Perseus is.

I also wanted to dive into Poseidon's role as he is a planet -Neptune. According to the article, the plant was named this following the same idea with other planets also named after Gods. When you look at Neptune it also represents the sea, which being the God of sea's basically it makes sense. I think using how a whole planet is named after him, In my storybook I could possibly tie it back to the reason Cassiopeia and Andromeda represent constellations where they're "locked up" so using that kind of idea to make my own story or to show that he could still be punishing them in the sky. Also reading more about Poseidon I want to really explore his relationships with all the women, and possibly create an interesting one with the mortal women he was with -Tyro and twist it into an even more drama where she finds out he was disguised. I want the stories to be able to connect but I also want them to somewhat stand alone, and I want the ending to come back together and connect again. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to my current life

Week 11 Story: The Giving Trees