Feedback Thoughts

 Week 2 

When it comes to feedback I know it's something people, even me, have to learn how to consider and use to better ourselves. I think people put their guard up because they don't like being told what they're doing wrong. A lot of that comes with the negativity people feel at first. I found "How to Tame Your Inner Critic" by Joel Almeida very insightful when it came to this. You might be unhappy with how things are going but that doesn't mean you have to stop trying the things that make you happy. The situation you might be most upset about ultimately doesn't define you. Instead considering things that slowly help reach that goal actually helps. It might feel slow but you also break things down making it less stressful. It consists a lot of being able to handle knowing what might not work for you and letting in other ideas that will! I liked this article a lot because of the part of consistency. I found my life to become less stressful when I planned out my day and way consistent with my routines. Personally for this class I was so nervous to start sharing our blogs for others to comment on. An article that resonated with me the most that helped with this issue was "Seven Ways to Crush Self Doubt" by John Spencer because he starts it off with being new to something and the steps you can do to escape the self doubt that comes with it. Definitely reading other stories I wonder if mine are going to be that creative or if other people in the class are going to do better, but really that only hurts me. I get lost in this thought that I prevent myself from doing the best and it can hinder my creativity. If everyone is thinking that then no one would be accomplishing what they really hope to. I have noticed personally in college, other students really just say or do things to show their insight. They never really say or do anything that would harm another student and I think trusting that other people's insights are truly to help me out and provide other versions of creativity I didn't have. I remember specifically one student that didn't agree with my point of view and I expressed that to someone else that really helped me explain where they were coming from. I also found it very... courageous? to be able to stand up against a view that didn't match my own, but it also made me challenge my own thoughts. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to my current life

Week 11 Story: The Giving Trees