Feedback Strategies

 Week 3 

The early stages of the storybook have definitely showed me that I am open to going any direction with it and my blog posts. I don't see myself as a writer by any means, but I do find it interesting that I am capable of doing it and it's somewhat cohesive. Knowing that I'm not the best at the writing process or coming up with ideas and sticking with it, I would love to hear about what others think. In terms of feedback the article "The Difference Between Praise and Feedback" by MindShift does a really good job explaining that kids should be praised for the process of their work, not for themselves. It discusses how students often take on new challenges because they want to, not because they were told they're already good enough. I think that idea is smart when it comes to my storytelling. Telling someone they worked hard writing these stories helps acknowledge their accomplishments and know they've been seen for their capabilities. When it comes to giving feedback it's always best to be clear and constructive in a way that the writer finds it helpful and not demeaning to their work. It shows that people care about your work and are willing to listen more about it and offer ways to improve that you might not have thought of. I would love insight on my story ideas because I know I'm not as good as I want to be and I know how creative my peers are! Hearing feedback and questions about my work makes me excited.  

People also tend to be more aware of what people have to say when it's past the point of "Good Job!" like the article "Five Reasons to Stop Saying Good Job!" by Alfie Kohn explains. People tend to lose interest, even more so when their kids. They tend to not try as hard because they're less motivated to. I find this interesting because people tend to actually mean it when they genuinely are interested in some people's work not knowing the consequences of it. I think a good way to combat these would be asking questions about people's work to dig deeper into the meaning behind it all. 



(Source: Feedback)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to my current life

Week 11 Story: The Giving Trees