Favorite Place

Week 1 

My favorite place that I've had the pleasure to experience that encompasses a large majority of my childhood memories is Landsthul, Germany. I spent 7 years of my life living overseas and traveling A LOT but there is no place I've been that even comes close to how amazing I thought Germany was and I had thee honor to live there! You'd think at a young age I wouldn't be able to comprehend the true beauty of a place which is somewhat true but it wasn't until I left that I knew the teenager and young adult me  would miss it as much as I do now. People say the shock of moving from Europe to America or vice versa is huge and wow they weren't kidding. I could probably go on and on about all the small things I miss about Landsthul, Germany but I'll keep it short-ish and sweet. I've never seen a place quite as breathtaking as Germany in the Winter. They had the most elaborate, Christmas markets in the town square. The views never got old. How could you not fall in love with this? Please let me go back! 


(Kelena: Pinterest)

Comments

  1. Oh, this was exciting, Ashley: I looked up Landsthul on the map because I did not know where it was. That is a part of Germany I have never visited, so it was fun to read about it here in your post. I hope you will get to go back, and maybe you can do a Germany-inspired project for this class. It has one of the great folktale traditions of the world, of course, thanks to the Brothers Grimm and other folktale collectors. Here are some of the free books online I have bookmarked for Germany; there are so many! :-) link: Germany: myths and legends

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to my current life

Week 11 Story: The Giving Trees